- Labs: NxGen MDx, Integrated GENETIC, eurofins NTD
- CPT Codes
- NIPT Cost Estimator
- Genetic Testing table
- Universal Panel Advantage Fact Sheets
During your pregnancy, our office tries to offer the most up-to-date genetic testing options. Some of the laboratories that we contract for these tests may be considered out-of-network for your plan. These laboratories may provide you with discounted costs should your insurance not cover these tests. Please review the following information and provide your insurance company with the test CPT codes (refer to CPT table) should you have further questions. Please select the test(s) you are requiring and sign below, acknowledging your request for testing and your understanding that the test(s) is completely optional
1. Ultrascreen (first trimester screen) -Screening test for Trisomy 21, Trisomy 18, and Trisomy 13. This test is sent to NTD Laboratories, part of PerkinElmer Labs. If your insurance company denies the claim and you receive a bill, please contact the lab directly within 30 days in order to process any appeals that are available. Once NTD receives a decision from the insurance company, you will be billed for any remaining cost. If this amount exceeds $125, contact NTD Laboratories directly within 30 days to be eligible for the discount rate of $125. NTD’s phone number is 888-683-5227.
2. Sequential (second trimester screen) – Screening test for Trisomy 21 and Trisomy 18 and tests for open neural tube defects (combined testing with the Ultrascreen). This test is also sent to NTD Laboratories. If your insurance company denies the claim and you receive a bill, please contact the lab directly within 30 days in order to process any appeals that are available. Once NTD receives a decision from the insurance company, you will be billed for any remaining cost. If this amount exceeds $100, contact NTD Laboratories directly within 30 days to be eligible for the discounted rate of $100. NTD’s phone number is 888-683-5227.
3. AFP Only (second trimester screen) – Screening for open neural tube defects, such as spina bifida and anencephaly. This test is sent to Labcorp or Quest. The maximum cost for this test is $99. If your insurance denies the claim please contact the office for assistance. You can reach Labcorp at 800-845-6167 and Quest at 844-750-4024.
4. AFP Tetra (second trimester screen) – Screening for Trisomy 21, Trisomy18 and open neural tube defects. This test is sent to Labcorp or Quest. Your insurance will be billed $419. If your insurance denies the claim please contact the office for assistance. You can reach Labcorp at 800-845-6167 and Quest at 844-750-4024.
5. NIPT – This tests for Trisomy 21, Trisomy 18, Trisomy 13, and abnormalities associated with the sex chromosomes. We use the MaterniT21 Plus test offered through Sequenom Labs, a subset of LabCorp. Insurance companies generally cover this test if you are of advanced maternal age (35 years or older at delivery), if you have an abnormal finding on another test or ultrasound, if you have relevant family history, or if you have had a prior pregnancy with aneuploidy. If you do not qualify as above for testing, your insurance company may still provide coverage. The total cost of this test is $1100, and we recommend all patients use the online cost estimator available at www.integratedgenetics.com/patients/cost-estimator for an out-of-pocket estimate tailored specifically to their pregnancy and insurance plan prior to having this test done. If your cost is over $300, you are eligible for a discounted rate of $299 if you opt in to complete a survey. If you receive a bill and have questions please contact the lab directly at 844-799-3243
6. NxGen– This is a genetic carrier screening test for genetically inherited disease, which can help determine your risk of having a child with a genetic disorder. This test will be billed to your insurance company as in-network genetic screening by NxGen Laboratories. Your individual insurance plan may or may not cover genetic screening. Please call NxGen if you receive a bill. If you have further questions, you may call our office. NxGen’s number is 855-776-9436.