Responsible for assisting medical providers in performing their duties and carrying out the necessary functions required in accordance with established policies and procedures. The Medical Assistant also performs clinical and administrative duties.
1. Prepares patients for examinations (i.e., reviews medical history, documents clinical symptoms, updates medications, etc.).
2. Records vital signs.
3. Assists medical providers with exam and procedures, as instructed.
4. Administers medications and injections.
5. Performs phlebotomy.
6. Collects and prepares laboratory specimens including pathology, urine, fecal and blood samples.
7. Stocks exam rooms with supplies.
8. Cleans and sterilizes medical instruments and equipment.
9. Maintains safe, secure and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
10. Answers telephones, schedules appointments, takes messages and provides information.
11. Triages, reviews and routes test results.
12. Manages abnormal pap smear results for appropriate follow-up.
13. Reviews backlogs for any pending test results.
14. Triages outbound phone messages, both on paper and electronically.
15. Submits prescriptions and authorizes prescription refills, as directed.
16. Provides front desk coverage as necessary.
17. Maintains strictest confidentiality.
18. Other duties as assigned.
Experience in a healthcare organization preferred, but not required.
High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in healthcare or related field preferred.
Reiter, Hill, Johnson & Nevin provides a competitive employee benefits package which includes access to:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short term disability insurance
- Transportation reimbursement
- Paid time off
- 9 paid holidays